- Received EPA approval of the Phase 1 Construction Submittal on March 27, 2013.
- Removal of northern section of partition wall in Building D, which included removal of the pre-fabricated hallway, the fire suppression system, and the cinder block wall. In addition, relocated the fire alarm conduit and re-energized the garage door motor. Constructed a temporary wall for a contamination reduction zone (CRZ).
- Completed grading around southern portion of buildings. Placed top soil stockpile immediately south of Butler Building B-2.
- Packaged loose debris in Building E. Also disassembled equipment in Building E to assemble higher activity packages to screen with the Radionuclide Detector unit.
- Completed radiological screening of laboratory package chemicals in preparation for off-site disposal.
- Responded to Agency comments on the Phase 1 Construction Submittal comments on February 8, 2013.
- Began excavation for the truck scale foundation.
- Performed snow removal for February 10, 2013 snow event of 24 inches. Work crews on-site over the subsequent weekend to maintain access roads.
- Received Agency comments on the response to comments on the Phase 1 Construction and revised Phase 1 Construction submittals.
- EPA approves Addendum No. 1 to Site Management and Security Plan for the NMI NTCRA on December 20, 2012.
- Continued Building Stabilization activities: installed temporary propane heater in tank house, had Concord Fire Department on site to perform Fire Suppression Loop Pressure Test, and cleared snow following December 17, 2012 snow event.
- Update of NTCRA activities was provided to the Agencies and Concord Fire Department on November 7, 2012.
- On September 10, 2012 de maximis received conditional approval of the Removal Action Work Plans and Cylinder Removal plan pending compliance with final EPA comments.
- On August 27, 2012, de maximis participated in a Site walk with Agencies and Concord Fire Department.
- de maximis removed Building A HVAC Blower motor unit and patched hole in roof above south stairway on August 15, 2012.
- Response to Comments, Revised Documents and redlined August 13, 2012.
- de maximis submitted the Site Management & Security Plan Addendum #1 which summarizes exterior Site improvements for NTCRA Activities on August 14, 2012.
- Building Stabilization activities performed. Materials were processed and packaged in accordance with the Packaging of Office Contents & Combustible Materials Procedures in the following areas: 1). Building A First Floor- Completed. 2). Building B First Floor- Completed. 3). Building E Office Mezzanine- Completed.
- de maximis received additional comments from the Agencies on Removal Action Work Plan (RAWP) and attachments on July 30, 2012.
- de maximis submitted the Phase I Construction Submittal on July 27, 2012.
- de maximis submitted Response to Comments (RTC) on Removal Action Work Plan (RAWP) and attachments on July 2, 2012.
- Materials were processed and packaged in accordance with the Packaging of Office Contents & Combustible Materials Procedures in the following areas: 1). Building A First Floor- In Progress. 2). Building A Second Floor Office Areas- Completed during July 2012. 3). Building B First Floor- In progress. 4). Building B Second Floor Office Areas- Completed during July 2012. 5). Building C Mezzanine- Completed during July 2012.
- On June 6, EPA provides approval of Packaging Office Contents and Combustible Materials Procedures.
- During June 2012, de maximis completed execution of Removal Action Work Plan (RAWP) Appendix G- Electrical Termination Plan.
- On May 8, concord Light terminated existing power service to the property/buildings. EPA provides approval of the Electrical Termination Plan and Natural Gas Piping Purge Plan.
- EPA provides comments on the NTCRA Work Plans. de maximis completed installation of Temporary Power Service.
- de maximis starts preparation of “Construction Submittals” the detailed work plans that will address specifically how building contents will be removed for off-site
- de maximis continues inventory of building contents and conducts structural analysis of building roofs.
- NTCRA Work Plans submitted on January 18. de maximis continues to implement measures to reduce risk, and starts comprehensive inventory of building contents.
- EPA approves Interim NTCRA Work Plans on December 19. de maximis continues measures to reduce risk and implements temporary heating of buildings to maintain fire sprinklers and minimize snow load.
- Starmet abandons site on November 2, de maximis takes over responsibility for site security and maintenance. Interim NTCRA Work Plans submitted on November 5. de maximis implements measures to secure buildings and reduce risk. MADPH-RCP terminates Starmet’s licenses to possess radioactive materials on November 8.
- NTCRA Trust funded. Respondents name de maximis, inc. as General Contractor for NTCRA work. de maximis, inc. starts NTCRA planning and identifies subcontractors to assist with NTCRA work.
- Administrative Settlement Agreement and Order on Consent and appendices (together, the Settlement Agreement) for Non-Time-Critical Removal Action (NTCRA) became effective August 9. Respondents to Settlement Agreement name Bruce Thompson as Project Coordinator for NTCRA work.
- Proposed Plan Public Meeting for “Engineering Evaluation and Cost Analysis (EE/CA) Disposition of Structures and Contents”.
- On July 2007:Revised Draft “Engineering Evaluation and Cost Analysis (EE/CA) Disposition of Structures and Contents”.
- EPA’s National Remedy Review Board reviewed the EE/CA’s preliminary options and costs for the performance of a Non-Time Critical Removal Action (NTCRA) and provided comments to EPA Region.
- Submitted Draft Engineering Evaluation and Cost Analysis (EE/CA) for the disposition of site structures and building contents for agency review.
- EPA issued Notice to Proceed for an EE/CA for the site buildings and contents.
Last updated on May 14, 2013